- Maximize the return on your storage hardware investment:
- Free up valuable primary storage space - add Nexsan's SATABeast SATA RAID array to your network as secondary storage and move data you want to save but don't frequently access.
- Extremely low price per TB
- Ideal for archiving applications such as e-mail, video surveillance, medical records and more.
- Connect to your secondary storage through an IP SAN and reduce network deployment and operational costs. You can save as much as 70% the cost of a fibre channel (FC) SAN. Manage your storage from the switch including volume management, data backup and redundancy and more.
- Fast and accessible - Nexsan's SATA RAID arrays boast ultra-fast read/write speeds of up to 600/380 MB/s.
- Enterprise class storage - each component is fully redundant and hot swappable.
- Greener storage lets you save energy and reduce operating costs without compromising performance. Drives can be transparently placed in an idle state, with configurable access speeds and energy saving levels. Find out more - white paper [PDF].
"Our experience with the Nexsan SATABeast has been a very positive one. It has allowed us to reduce our cost per TB by 75% over our traditional large-scale SAN solution. In addition, their simple design has greatly improved reliability. As a result of completely replacing our multi-petabyte tape storage solution with SATABeast direct disks, we now get 10 times the performance and have eliminated the constant malfunctions we dealt with under the tape library solution.
We have been able to meet the storage demands of our very diverse client base because of the flexibility provided to us on the SATABeast platform, at a fraction of the cost of a traditional SAN system
- Supports RAID 0, 1, 1+0, 4, 5 and 6 as well as multiple RAID sets and multiple partitions per set.
- OS independent - no special software drivers or server-based management applications are needed.
- Easy connectivity through fibre channel, SCSI, or an IP SAN.
- The high-density SATABeast features 42 drives and up to 84 TB in only 4U of rack space.
- Need less capacity? Try the SATABoy SATA array, which offers up to 28 TB in only 3U of rack space for as low as $660 per TB.